From old to new. Conversion, renovation and restoration of a neoclassicist office building on Bahnhofstrasse 39, Zurich 2011–2012
The neoclassicist building was built between 1911 and 1912 by Pfleghard und Haefeli architects, a Zurich-based architectural studio that played a key role in Zurich's construction in the first quarter of the 20th century.
We optimized the distribution of the existing space in this prominent location and created attractive workplaces that meet today's standards.
But the existing spatial structure was taken over: The staircase was renovated in the sense of the original neoclassicist expression, and the standard storeys were converted into a contemporary infrastructure with purposeful interventions, new materials and colours.
Bahnhofstrasse 39, Zurich, Switzerland
Direct order 2011-2012
PSP Management AG, Zurich
Conversion, renovation and restoration of the neoclassicist office building substance (Pfleghard and Haefeli architects, 1912) inside
Sybille Besson (projek management), Linda Müller, Katharina Wyss